Log in or sign up with your Foodifox app account to enjoy up to 20% off on your credit
New to Foodifox?
Forgot your password?
—————————————— OR ——————————————
You don’t need to create an account to place an order, but you’ll miss out on our great promotions!
Website log in is coming soon, please go to our app to sign up.
Enter Email address
Don’t have an account?
Foodifox At Home Cooking Instructions
Ready to go pro? Here’s the how and why behind cooking the Foodifox way
Let’s cut to the chase – Sous Vide (pronounced ‘soo-veed’), AKA ‘vacuum sealed’ is the culinary hack that you’ve all been hungry for. It’s one of the best ways to lock in foodi goodness, yet unappreciated by many!
Our chefs cook with the freshest and tastiest ingredients and secretly add a pinch of love and a pinch of passion to every meal. That’s why we prepare your meals in BPA free vacuum-sealed bags. We want to maintain this freshness and ensure that not one bit of flavour escapes from the moment our chefs pack your meals to the moment you heat and serve them at home.
Every meal has its own suitable preparation/cooking method, however our favourite (and possibly the best) way to prepare most of our meals is by heating them in a pot of boiling water…Yes, you read that correctly. We recommend popping them straight into a pot of piping hot water! And there’s no need to worry because our bags are all food-grade and boil friendly!
Simply bring a pot of water to boil, keep the vacuum bag sealed and carefully submerge it into the boiling water for 4 minutes (8 minutes if frozen). Using a set of tongs, take your meal out of the pot, cut the bag and serve your perfectly heated meal! It’s as easy as that!
Now that we’ve explained the how, we’re going to tell you why preparing your chilled and frozen meals the Foodifox way (aka sous vide) is so great!
1. As we mentioned earlier, sous vide locks in the freshness, juices and flavours and ensures nothing escapes before you serve your delicious meals
2. The flavours are actually enhanced and it improves the overall texture of the food. No evidence of soggy or chewy food, sous vide ensures the meat is moist – it’s restaurant-quality food!
3. Using boiled water to prepare your meal ensures that it is heated evenly and there are no cold spots, so no need to continuously stir and reheat your meal!
4. A sous vide bag keeps the food hydrated so it actually gives the meal a longer shelf life, that’s why you can store our meals in the fridge for up to 7 days!
5. Since sous vide enhances the flavours of the food, there’s little or no need to add any extra salt or fat when preparing. What’s more, is that the food doesn’t lose its minerals and vitamins during the process!
So what are you waiting for? Give our sous vide/vacuum-sealed meals a try and let us know what you think!